If you want your customers to pay you with their credit cards via your Himalayan Bank Merchant account on your WooCommerce site, you’re on the right track. Please see the requirements below before going through the whole setup.
WooCommerce is the world’s most popular open-source eCommerce solution.
We’ll now need the Himalayan Bank Payment For WooCommerce plugin which is basically an extension of the WooCommerce plugin.
This setup tutorial assumes that you’re already familiar with WooCommerce. if you’re not, start with WooCommerce with 5 steps:
If you’re new to WordPress, here’s a beginner’s guide on how to install a WordPress plugin.
- Log into your WordPress site: https://example.com/wp-admin
- Go to Plugins > Add New > Search > and enter “Himalayan Bank Payment For WooCommerce”
3. Install and activate the plugin.
Note: There are alternative ways of installing the plugin.
Once you install and activate the Himalayan Bank Payment For WooCommerce plugin, you’ll see new payment settings in WooCommerce.So, Navigate to WooCommerce > Settings > Payments, there will be a new option, Himalayan Bank.
Click on the “Manage” button to set up the payments and settings.
As you can see in the screenshot, you’ll need Merchant ID and API key to accept the payment on your Merchant account. For the Himalayan Bank to set up your Merchant account, you’ll need to provide the Public Signing Key and Public Encryption Key to Himalayan Bank.
You should generate the keys by yourself. Use this tool to generate the keys.
1) Select 4096 bit RSA key size from the drop-down.
2) Click on Generate RSA Key Pair, it will generate the Public Key and Private Key (call them the Signing Keys)
3) Go back to your site’s settings and paste the Public Key and Private Key in the fields: “Public Signing Key” and “Private Signing Key”.
4) Once again, click on Generate RSA Key Pair, it will generate a new Public Key and Private Key (call them the Encryption Keys)
5) Go back to your site’s settings and paste the Public Key and Private Key in the fields: “Public Encryption Key” and “Private Encryption Key”.
Once you fill the keys, the settings will look something like this:
Provide the Public Signing Key and Public Encryption key to Himalayan Bank, they’ll set up your live Merchant. You should not share the Private Keys with anyone.
We’re done with the setup. now the pay with Himalayan Bank option will appear in the checkout where customers can pay directly via their credit card. They will be redirected to the HBL payment to securely pay with Credit Cards.
Please carefully follow the setup instructions above especially the generation and sharing of signing/encryption keys. Most issues are probably due to incorrect Merchant Setup or configuration. However, technical errors do occur sometimes. If you face any issues, please turn on debugging from WooCommerce > Settings > Payments > Himalayan Bank Payment.
Then, check out again to log the error.
After that, you can get the log details in WooCommerce > Status > Logs.
These details might tell you what went wrong or contact the bank support.
I hope you found the tutorial helpful! If you have any questions or issues, let me know in the comments.
If you want to track your visitor’s journey check out the Customer Journey For WooCommerce plugin.Customer Journey For WooCommerce